kit is different from other henna for hair kits!
kit has two 100g packages of cassia obovata (a total of 200g).
- This kit contains 100%
pure dried, laboratory tested powdered cassia obovata leaves.
- Cassia will make your hair thick and silky.
- People with dark hair use cassia to repair damage.
- People with light hair use cassia to repair damage and to add a golden tone to their hair.
- 200g of
henna will dye collar-length hair a light wheat color.
- If your hair
is longer than collar length, you will need one kit for every six
inches of hair length.
- How much should you use?
- 100g will dye short hair.
- 200g will dye collar length straight hair.
- 300g will dye shoulder length straight hair.
- 500g will dye waist length hair.
Cassia restores golden tones to faded, drab blonde hair, and makes it sleek, heavy and shiny.
Every person will have a slightly different result based on their natural hair color
Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair kits make
hair strong, heavy, silky and glossy.
- Cassia obovata leaves naturally have a yellow-gold dye molecule, chrysophanic acid
, which will stain your hair.
- If your hair is blonde, gray or white, this kit will
dye your hair a light blonde color.
- This Ancient Sunrise®
Henna for Hair kit will cover gray and white hair when used according
- If your hair is black, red,
ash brown or brunette, this kit will not make your hair a lighter
- If your hair is very light or
dye resistant, or very damaged from chemicals, you may need more than
one application to get blonde color.
first! Cassia obovata has unpredictable reactions with some hair
care products that you may have used in the past, causing reactive
chemicals to linger in your hair.
- This kit will make dark hair thick and glossy without
changing the color.
often recommend pure plant hair dye for their patients who
wish to dye their hair
- This product will not
“coat” your hair, nor will it make hair brittle, because this product
has no metallic salts, synthetic dyes or unlisted ingredients.
- This kit contains only pure, body art quality cassia.
- You can use
this kit to dye over synthetically dyed hair, but please test first!
because of the health risks associated with chemical dyes.
- Cassia obovata is generally considered very
safe to use, but it’s always best to consult your physician if you have
any questions about your health.
- Cassia obovata is generally considered safe for pregnant and nursing women.
- Cassia obovata is generally considered safe for cancer survivors.
- If you are allergic to synthetic
hair dye, you should have no difficulty with cassia, but please test
first on an inconspicuous bit of skin.
- If you find you are
allergic to cassia, please do not use this product!
read these instructions! The
instructions for Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair kits are different
from other kits because the ingredients are different.
Before you begin:If you have never used
Ancient ™ Henna for Hair before, test first!
- Confused? Ask questions on the forum at http://www.hennaforhair.com for more information. You'll get answers FAST!
- Call the Help Desk for more information: Phone 330-673-0600 (USA)
- If our phones are busy, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us your phone number, and we'll call you!
water" with a high mineral content may adversely affect cassia!
Greenish colors or very dry hair may be the result of copper or sulphur
deposits in your hair or watercombining with cassia!
- Harvest some of your
hair from your hairbrush, use a little of your cassia according to
- Smear the hair thickly with the paste, wrap it in
plastic, and let it sit for several hours.
- Rinse, and see if you
like the results.
- Do not bleach over cassia without testing
first. The results can be unpredictable.
not put cassia over hair that has been bleached or highlighted without
testing first. The results can be unpredictable.
- If you need help getting
the results you want, ask questions on the forum at
www.hennaforhair.com. People there have had lots of experience,
and they’ll help you!
Instructions: Mix your cassia
the day before you dye your hair for best results. Mix your cassia powder in a
glass or ceramic bowl with something slightly sour.
- We recommend orange
juice, diluted lemon juice or some other mildly acidic liquid.
will help the cassia leave a more vibrant golden wheat color.
- Mix enough liquid into the cassia to make
a paste as thick as mashed potatoes.
- Cover the paste with plastic wrap
and let it rest overnight at room temperature.
a mildly acidic liquid into the cassia powder until it is about as
thick as mashed potatoes. Cover it and let it rest overnight.
Mix enough liquid into the henna to make a paste as thick as mashed
- Cover the paste with plastic wrap and let it rest overnight
at room temperature.
worry about exact measurements. For the first 6,000 years that
women dyed their hair with plants and herbs. They didn't have thermometers or
digital scales, and their hair always came out nice.
you're in a hurry, put your henna in a warm place, like a closed car
with the windows rolled up. At 100F, cassia will be ready in an
- If your cassia is mixed, and you can't do your hair right
away, put your cassia in the refrigerator. It will stay ready for
four days in the fridge.
Section the hair first, especially if the hair is long. that will make things go much faster!
the paste right down onto the skin. If you're just doing the
roots, the piping bag will make this go quickly and easily!
Push the paste into the hair. Pull the paste through the length of the hair unless you're just doing roots.
Apply the paste thick, like cake frosting. When all the hair is completely coated with paste, wrap up the hair in saran wrap and take a nap.
Section your hair into ¼ inch sections, and
secure the sections with clips.
Beginning at the nape of the neck, apply the
paste right down to the scalp with your fingers.
- If you section your hair before
you start, the process will go much faster!
- Add more liquid as needed
to make a paste as thick as yogurt.
When all your
hair is thickly coated with the mixture, clean off your forehead, ears,
and neck, and wrap up your hair in plastic wrap
- Coat every hair
thickly by stroking and pushing the paste into your hair.
work your way to your forehead, one section at a time.
- Use the piping bag to apply paste to
those “hard to get to” spots, or to do your roots!
- Wear the gloves
provided in this kit!
If you have cassia paste left over, put it in the piping bag and put it in the freezer
- Leave the
mixture in your hair for two to four hours.
- Then, rinse your hair
- If your hair was white, gray, or drab blonde, the cassia will leave a natural golden tone.
- If your hair was darker, the cassia will help your hair be thick and glossy; cassia is a great conditioner!
You can apply cassia as often as you want. Cassia is GOOD for your hair!
- Cassia paste will stay fresh in the freezer for a year. Thaw it, and its ready to use!
- Use leftover paste to touch up any spots you missed.
- Use leftover paste to go over your roots as they grow in.
If your hair didn't come out the way you hoped, ask for advice on the hennaforhair.com forum.
Our help desk phone number is 330-673-0600 or toll free 855-MEHANDI
Ancient Sunrise® is a project of hennapage.com, hennaforhair.com, and mehandi.com through
TapDancing Lizard ® LLC 4237 Klein Ave. Stow, Ohio, 44224