Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair Kits: Red
These kits contains two 100g packages of laboratory certified body art quality henna, gloves, a piping bag and instructionsThis
kit is different from other henna for hair kits!
These kits contain absolutely no para-phenylenediamine, ammonia, peroxide, or any other artificial ingredients.
kit has two 100g packages of body art quality henna (a total of 200g).
- This kit contains 100%
pure body art quality henna. Learn why body art quality henna is
different, and why it is important to you here: www.bodyartquality.com
henna will dye collar-length hair a beautiful red. If your hair
is longer than collar length, you will need one kit for every six
inches of hair length.
Every person will have a slightly different result based on their natural hair color
How much should you use?
- 100g will do your roots.
- 100g will dye short hair.
- 200g will dye collar length straight hair.
- 300g will dye shoulder length straight hair.
- 500g will dye waist length hair.
. Body art quality henna has a red-orange dye molecule, lawsone, which will stain your hair.
your hair is blonde, faded red, light ash brown, gray or white, this
kit will dye your hair a deep natural red color.
- If your hair is
very light or dye resistant, or damaged from chemicals, you may need
more than one application to get a true red color.
- This Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair kit will cover gray and white hair when used according to instructions.
your hair is black, ash brown or brunette, this kit will not make your
hair a lighter color. This kit will add red highlights to dark
hair, and make it thick and glossy without changing base color.
This is the color of henna over "mouse blonde" hair. Your hair may be different!
Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair kits make hair strong, heavy, silky and glossy.
often recommend pure henna for their patients who wish to
dye their hair,
product will not “coat” your hair, nor will it make hair brittle,
because this product has no metallic salts, synthetic dyes or unlisted
ingredients. This kit contains only pure body art quality
- You can use this kit to dye over synthetically dyed hair, but please test first! Results may be unpredictable
because there are health risks associated with synthetic dyes.
If you are allergic to synthetic
hair dye, you should have no difficulty with henna
- Doctors often recommend henna to pregnant or nursing women who wish to dye their hair.
- If you have been advised to stop using chemical
dyes because you are being treated for cancer, henna should be safe for
you to use.
- If you have been advised to stop using chemical
dyes because of allergic reactions, henna should be safe for
you to use.
- Pure henna is generally considered very safe to
use, but it’s always best to consult your physician if you have any
questions about your health.
but please test
first on an inconspicuous bit of skin. Henna will stain your
skin orange, but that is temporary, and not an allergic reaction!
If the henna causes intense intense itching or wheezing, please do not
this product!This dye is permanent.
- This henna will not fade! It does NOT gradually wash out.
- The color darkens over time! If your hair seems too bright at first, be patient. It will get darker in a few days.
time you henna, your hair will take up more color. If your hair
doesn't come out as dark as you want, just dye it again.
- If your hair is as dark as you want, you can prevent gradual darkening by just doing the roots.
read these instructions! The
instructions for Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair kits are different
from other kits because the ingredients are different.
Before you begin:If you have never used Ancient Sunrise® Henna for Hair before, test first!
- Confused? Ask questions on the forum at http://www.hennaforhair.com for more information. You'll get answers FAST!
- Call the Help Desk for more information: Phone 330-673-0600 (USA)
- If our phones are busy, email email@example.com, tell us your phone number, and we'll call you!
Do not bleach over this color without testing first: the results can be unpredictable.Mix
your henna the day before you dye your hair for best results
- Harvest some of your hair from your hairbrush and use a little of your henna according to instructions.
- Smear the hair thickly with the paste, wrap it in plastic, and let it sit for several hours.
- Rinse and pat dry.
the color mature for four days. The stain will darken! See if you
like the results, or want something different.
- If you need help getting the results you want, ask questions on the forum at www.hennaforhair.com. People there have had lots of experience, and they’ll be glad to help you!
Instructions: Mix enough liquid into the henna to make a paste as thick as mashed
- This will
help the henna stain your hair a darker color, and the color will not
fade or wash out.
Section your hair into ¼ inch sections and apply the henna paste to your hair.
- Cover the paste with plastic wrap and let it rest overnight
at room temperature.
worry about exact measurements. For the first 6,000 years that
women dyed their hair with henna, they didn't have thermometers or
digital scales, and their hair always came out nice.
you're in a hurry, put your henna in a warm place, like a closed car
with the windows rolled up. At 100F, henna will be ready in an
- If your henna is mixed, and you can't do your hair right
away, put your henna in the refrigerator. It will stay ready for
four days in the fridge.
- If you section your hair
before you start, the process will go much faster!
- Dye one section at a time.
- Add liquid as needed
to make the henna paste as thick as yogurt so its easy to smear into your hair.
- Apply the henna paste with a spatula, with a piping bag, or with your fingers.
- A tinting brush isn't strong enough to apply henna. Don't even try.
- Apply the henna THICK, as if you're frosting a layer cake.
Wear the gloves provided in this kit! Henna will stain your hands! Beginning at the nape of the neck, apply the paste right down to the scalp with your fingers.
Section the hair first, especially if the hair is long. that will make things go much faster!
the henna right down onto the skin. If you're just doing the
roots, the piping bag will make this go quickly and easily!
Push the henna into the hair. Pull the paste through the length of the hair unless you're just doing roots.
Apply the henna thick, like cake frosting. When all the hair is completely coated with henna, wrap up the hair in saran wrap and take a nap.
all your hair is thickly coated with the mixture, clean off your
forehead, ears, and neck, and wrap up your hair in plastic wrap.
- Stroke and push the paste into your hair.
- Coat every hair thickly by stroking the paste into the hair with your fingers.
- Gradually work your way to your forehead, one section at a time.
- Use the piping bag to apply paste to those “hard to get to” spots, or to do your roots!
- Leave the mixture in your hair for two to four hours.
you have long hair, and a lot of henna, lie down with your head on a
pillow and rest so you won't get a crick in your neck!
people leave the henna in overnight. If that's convenient for you, and
doesn't make you restless all night, that's an easy way to do it.
- Then, rinse your hair and shampoo.
- At first the color is going to look VERY BRIGHT. Do not panic. The color will darken.
- In two days, the stain will mature to a perfect radiant red color.
The henna color will get darker and richer in a few days!
If you have henna paste left over, put it in the piping bag and put it in the freezer
You can apply henna as often as you want. Henna is GOOD for your hair!
- Henna paste will stay fresh in the freezer for a year. Thaw it, and its ready to use!
- Use leftover henna paste to touch up any spots you missed.
- Use leftover henna paste to go over your roots as they grow in.
Every time you apply henna, your hair will take up more color
Some people love the smell of henna. Some people hate the smell of henna.
your hair is as dark as you want, just do roots whenever they
begin to show. Remember, gray hair grows faster than pigmented
hair! White roots show up fast! Touch up your roots as
often as you like. Henna won't hurt you.
Some people think henna makes their hair feel dry.
you hate the smell of henna, add a spoonful of powdered ginger and
cardamom to your mix. Your hair will be pleasantly fragrant!
- Wash your hair a few times and condition once. Your hair will settle down to feeling very silky.
Our help desk phone number is 330-673-0600
- People often need to change their shampoo and conditioner with henna: you may no longer need conditioner.
- If your hair didn't come out the way you hoped, ask for advice on the hennaforhair.com forum.
or toll free 855-MEHANDI
Sunrise® is a project of hennapage.com, hennaforhair.com,
and mehandi.com through TapDancing Lizard ® LLC
4237 Klein Ave. Stow, Ohio, 44224